How do I access my account?
Access your account by entering your library card number as the login and the last four digits of your phone number associated with your library card as the password. You can renew your checked-out items, look at the number of items you have checked out on your card, see a list of the titles and due dates, see the titles you have on hold , look at fines on your card, and check your profile (address and phone number).
How do I renew items?
To renew your books and other items, click on Your Summary>Checked Out, then place a check in each of the boxes next to the books you would like to renew and click Renew. Items will not renew if you have overdue fines greater than $5, if the item has a waiting list, or if it has been renewed before (limit of one renewal per item.)
How do I use the Library Catalog to find books?
Select the type of search you would like to perform, enter your search terms, and click the red GO button or hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Title — Enter the any words from the title for a keyword search of the title.
- Author — Enter the author’s first and/or last name in any order.
- Subject — Enter the subject you are looking for to perform a keyword search.
- ISBN — Enter the exact ISBN number of the item being searched
- Series —Enter any words from the series name, for example: Harry Potter.
- Call Number — Enter the exact call number of the subject being searched
What if the item is already checked out?
If the item you want is checked out from the Marshall Public Library, you can place a hold by clicking on Request Item and entering your library card number and pin number (the last four digits of your phone number). Click on login, then click on Request. You will be contacted by phone when the item comes in for you. Remember, you can only place holds on books that are owned by Marshall Public Library.
What if the library doesn’t have the title I want?
There are 3 ways that you may be able to get it.
- You can check out items from many other libraries in Idaho. Just present your card from the Marshall Public Library and ask if they participate in LiLI Express for reciprocal borrowing. See the individual libraries for their specific policies.
- Interlibrary Loan is the process of borrowing items from other libraries. These items are sent to Marshall, then you can check them out with your Marshall Library Card. Only items not owned by the Marshall Public Library can be requested, and Marshall must be your home library to participate.
- Fill out a book request card at the library or online. The library will review the request and determine if the item will be added to the collection.