While the services and materials of the Marshall Public Library are available to everyone, those activities which interfere with the rights of others to use the Library, or which could result in injury, or which might damage the Library building, materials, or equipment are considered unacceptable.
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- any illegal activity;
- the use of tobacco or alcohol anywhere in the Library;
- sleeping in the Library;
- misuse, abuse, or vandalism of Library facilities, equipment, materials, or grounds;
- any form of harassment of Library staff or patrons;
- bringing animals into the Library, except for service animals or those involved in a Library-sponsored program;
- running or rough-housing;
- shouting or use of vulgar language;
- failure to be appropriately dressed while in the Library; appropriate dress includes a shirt and shoes.
Violations may result in a range of sanctions, including notification of the police. Any illegal activity will be reported to the proper authorities.